Wednesday, July 4, 2012

100th POST!

Let's give 3 cheers for my 100th blog entry! I never thought this blog would go global, but the statistics show that my blog has been accessed in South Korea, the United States, Singapore, Australia, Canada, Russia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, and Finland in this week alone. Other statistics show that my Suanbo Hot Springs / Gosu Cave and We Found Love posts receive the most on-going hits. How crazy is that?

Over the past year, I've learned much about my travel destinations from other foreigners' blogs. So, it only seems fair to contribute to the dialogue, share my resources, and help future travelers exploring dynamic Korea.

Tomorrow is the long-awaited TaLK Reunion. At the end of every term, the program organizes a farewell trip for departing scholars. Last semester, scholars went to the Demilitarized Zone, or DMZ. This semester, we are going to the world famous Yeosu Expo and being excused from 2 days of teaching. I have a feeling that 7th gens will comprise the majority of the English teachers going home. It'll be a little weird because we haven't seen most of our fellow 7th gens since Jochiwon orientation, which quite literally was 11 months ago. We will meet at the Holiday Inn in Gwangju tomorrow afternoon, follow a schedule, then be released on Friday afternoon. It's bittersweet knowing that our stint in Korea is officially coming to an end. Yerrrp, this is happening.

Special shout out to America for turning 236 years old! You can catch me shooting off fireworks in Peace Park tonight singing none other than the "Star Spangled Banner."

"Firework" performed by Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment