Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Windy Weather

Unusually powerful gusts of wind blew through South Korea today. They reminded me of a chillier version of the Santa Ana winds minus the scattered palm fronds or much other debris for that matter. On one occasion, Wall Street Journal reports that, "typhoon-strength winds toppled a 25-ton crane at a shipyard onto a parking lot, destroying ten cars and disrupting electricity supply in nearby plants" in Yeongam (where I teach). It also snowed in Seoul for the first time in April since 1993. Vicky tells me that the winds normally occur in March and that the weather should be warmer by now; however, as the years go by, it seems as if the Winters are getting colder. The cherry blossoms are blooming later.

Here are some photos of my 1st graders. Why do they all have cell phones?!


The twins on the left listen 100% of the time. It's a miracle.
The girl on the right pays attention maybe 5% on a good day.
남민서 (Nam Minseo): She's lucky she's cute.
v^_^v
After I snapped this photo, half a dozen kids turned the tables and took photos of me...
...and I know they're all terrible because they were taken from a low angle   =|
I played my favorite game -- the Chair Game -- with my 3-4 class. It's the only time when the kids actually stay seated because the last student standing must speak a sentence in English. Best game ever.


The 6th graders made sandwiches for Vicky and me in their home economics class.
This sandwich has ham, egg, cheese, and strawberry jam ...
Never thought I'd say this, but it wasn't that bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment