Saturday, June 30, 2012

Scattered T-Storms for the Next 10 Days

The weather in Korea is a permanent and daily challenge. Half of the year is sadistically cold. The other half is defined by other obstacles associated with 70% humidity, poor ventilation, and monsoon season. Weather.com shows scattered thunderstorms and thundershowers for the next 10 days. Bugs also come with the territory of Summer. Everyone gets bitten by mosquitoes, some more so than others. Nari wears insect repellent, and she still gets bitten more than me. My apartment harbors a lot of insects: mosquitoes, fruit flies, and these tiny, black beetles. I still haven't figured out what they are or how they're getting in. They can't fly and somehow they're in my bathroom, my kitchen, and my bed. The mosquito infestation is a little unnerving. There are marks on the walls from all the mosquitoes I've killed. Little bastards. I got bitten 3x last night.

My apartment feels damp, and my bathroom smells like wet cigarettes. So gross. I just keep telling myself: 4 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment